Sunday 22 January 2012

Pear Pincushion

When OH's mum gave us the Rennie Mac wall hanging for Christmas she was lamenting that she never takes photographs of her work.  So I've decided to take pics of everything!

I made these when I was first starting out with the sewing machine.  The pear pincushion comes from a pattern posted in this blog and it looks as though it is based on Heather Bailey's pear pattern from her collection of very cute things.  I made mine from some leftover red felt I was using for Christmas decorations and the white waffle fabric is an old pillow case.  The leaf and the stem are also leftover white felt from Christmas deccies.

The cupcake came from an idea on a YouTube video, which I think came from a TV show in the US.  I'm sure if you search for cupcake pincushion on YouTube, it'll pop up somewhere. The base is made from the lid of a plastic water bottle wrapped in felt and the iced cake is just white cotton stuffed with poly-fill.  Too cute.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment